Thursday, December 4, 2008

FJORG!!!

I figured I'd better do a little retro-blogging.



This past August at Siggraph in LA, I competed in an incredibly amazing competition called FJORG! (with a silent 'j' like forge) I was on the team "the Fjantastic Fjorgers" with my awesome teammates Sean Coleman and Brad Bradbury. We hadn't even met before the competition, yet we worked together well and are now good friends. You can learn more about fjorg and see all the films at the fjorg website. There is also a short documentary that explaining how the competition worked and showing all the fun we had. You can see a larger version of our film on my website here.

Not only was this an incredible experience, but our team's fjinal fjilm tied for second place!!! As part of our prize, we got to visit Disney Animation and DreamWorks Studios.

Fjorg was probably the most amazing animation experience of my life, and I am so glad to have been a part of it.

No comments: